The Libre Software Meeting (LSM) is a cycle of conferences, workshops and round tables about Free Software and its many uses. All this in a friendly and non-commercial context.
This event takes place every year in a different city, bringing together thousands of people.
The 13th edition of the Libre Software Meeting will take place for the first time in Switzerland, in Geneva from the 7th to the 12th of July 2012.
Participation is free of charge and open to all.
The 2012 edition
The 13th edition will develop 8 key themes, including 12 sessions for major themes covering Science and Training, Health and Technology.
- Free Culture & Arts
- Politics, Law and Government
- Media, Radio, Television and Professional Graphics
- Companies and Free Software
Science and Training
- Teaching from school to University
- Popular education
- Accessibility, autonomy and dependency management
- Hospital information system and telehealth
- Imaging and visualization of medical data
- System Administration
- Software Development
- Embedded systems and Open Hardware
- Operating Systems
Three main threads will enable an accurate following :
- Common goods
- "Libre" economy
Finally, each conference will address one or more target audiences :
- Decision makers
- English speaking people
Thanks to the involvement of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU/UER) a new theme called “Media, Radio, Television and Professional Graphics” has appeared.
Directed by and for the professionals of this area, this theme will hopefully be treated mostly in English so that every member country of the EBU may follow the lectures, workshops and round tables.
Terms of participation :
- Language :
French or English
- Duration of a conference :
Slots of 20 minutes which can be combined while respecting the breaks
- Your submissions :
You can submit your proposals for conferences and workshops on the appropriate theme before the deadline of 31 March, 2012
- Equipment at your disposal for conferences and workshops :
A video projector, power outlets (220V) and internet access (Wi-Fi)
Submission Form :
- Theme for which you submit your presentation
- Selection of the corresponding threads
- A summary in French and English to judge the design and content of the presentation
- A biography of the author to evaluate the experience of the speaker on the subject
- A picture for the particular communication to be published on the website
The deadline for submission is 31 March 2012.
The list of accepted presentations will be announced 15 April, 2012.
Media intervention :
Digital versions of presentations and other useful materials will be requested for publication online. They will build up archives useful to the entire community.
The format of these documents must be in an open format and content under a free license.
Participants payment of expenses
In as much as possible, the speakers (or their partners) will bear the cost of their transportation.
However, in certain specific cases and within its budget, the LSM can reimburse some of them.
Note: Our budget being limited, the LSM will favor people with limited income and without alternative solutions.
Staying at Geneva is not covered by the LSM. However we can suggest different offers at reasonable cost.